Monday, July 20, 2009

Three Bad Girls Wall Candy


I finally finished my Bad Girls project today! I'm thinking of renaming it "Bad Luck." It was one of those projects that should have been simple enough but I kept making ridiculous mistakes. For example, last night, I made the seam binding too narrow. "No problem!" I thought. "I'll just trim a little off the seam." I ended up cutting the seam too close and cutting the seam binding.
Then I left my fabric cutting wheel out on the table. My kitten, Sadie Lu, thought it was a toy and batted it off of the table. The next thing I knew, there were bloody paw prints everywhere. The poor thing cut her paw on the blade. Thank goodness, she's alright! Reupholstering the dining room chairs will be an upcoming project.
I started with a Mitch O'Connell pattern from Sublime Stitching and embroidered it on linen. I added borders from my Kaffe Fassett fabric stash and hand quilted it. I added vintage sequins and beads for extra spice. I put it all together to make...

2 comments:

Libby Buttons said...

Nicely done even if not easily done. I love the color combo
smiles
DarLie

TerBear said...

I LOVE IT! Your embroidery is fabulous. I want you to teach me how to make such wonderful satin stitches. The sequin eyes are a wicked touch. Just what a bad girl needs. ;-)

I love all the sublime stitching patterns. I believe there is an area to share project photos on their webpage. I hope you submit a photo of this fun work of art. Jenny Hart, the founder, will be amazed!

I am so sorry to hear about your little Sadie Lu. I know how sharp those rotary cutters are. Ouch! I'm happy to hear that she is okay.

Happy Stitching!
T

PS You have just inspired to start my Sublime Stitching "Sexy Librarian" pattern. Someone has to break that stereotype. Might as well be me.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Marie